Last updated on June 16th, 2021 at 10:29 am
These sweet potato black bean power bowls are so delicious, so healthy and super easy to make! Filled with spicy roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower, black beans, avocado sauce and fresh vegetables these healthy vegan power bowls are a great meatless dinner idea or lunch option. This is an easy way to add more gluten free plant-based dishes to your diet.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Power Bowls Ingredients
As always, we’re making things from scratch. So here’s what you’ll need:
- Sweet potatoes. Well, one sweet potato is enough for the entire recipe. Be sure to protect your fingers when you’re cutting it.
- Cauliflower. Here I used only about 2 cups of cauliflower florets, which left me with the other half of the cauliflower head to look at and be scared of for weeks. We’re using this recipe to roast the cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
- Spices. Like crushed pepper flakes, paprika and if you desire – some cumin.
- Fresh vegetables. Avocado, cucumbers, tomato, basil,
- Garlic and scallions to freshen up your life.
- Olives and olive oil, lime, salt and black pepper
- Canned black beans that you need to rinse and drain really well.
How To Make These Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Power Bowls
This recipe is also really great, because it doesn’t require a ton of work. You’ll basically season the cauliflower and sweet potato, let them burn in hell or your oven for a bit, only until they’re roasted. While they’re getting their sweat on, you’ll mash the avocado with the other ingredients and open a can of black beans and rinse and drain them. You’ll also chop a cucumber and a scallion, because you forgot to do it. Mkay? Okay, let’s try again with a step by step thing:
- Step 1: Chop, season, then roast cauliflower florets and sweet potatoes.
- Step 2: In the meantime, mash the avocado with the tomato, garlic, basil, olives, some lime juice, salt and pepper and the scallion.
- Step 3: Rinse and drain the black beans
- Step 4: Chop another scallion and a cucumber
- Step 5: Take out the roasted vegetables and arrange the bowls
Enjoy immediately or save for later!
Meal Prep Option
The recipe that you’ll find below is for two people. So, if you want to make these vegan bowls ahead for the week, I recommend doubling the recipe or simply preparing the batch of sweet potatoes and the cauliflower and storing those in the fridge. Everything else you can make in 5 minutes and is better when it’s fresh. Feel free to add sauces that you enjoy if you have a go to brand or a recipe. And make whatever additions or changes you like.
I hope you enjoy these easy vegan bowls!