Last updated on November 16th, 2020 at 03:35 pm
I have no idea what to call this recipe. It’s obviously not a mousse, but for the lack of a better word, let’s go with that. I might as well call it IT. You know like Stephen King’s IT, but a good one. A healthy one.
Well IT looks strange, but IT’s a simple dessert you make in minutes in your food processor or with your hand blender. Very similar to this one. Only people who hate bananas will love IT, because I made IT with pineapples. And if you’re super picky and say “I don’t like bananas and pineapples”, then use mangoes, mkay?
“Vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and no sugar…IT, is there something you’re not free of?”
“Yes, yes, I’m not nut-free. I have cashews inside of me.”
And now you’re like: “What kind of a freak show is this?”
I don’t know. But I know you need a blender, pineapple, some frozen strawberries, cashews (preferably soaked for 3 hours), coconut flakes or coconut flour and some lemon.
Five ingredients, five minutes, five calories…that’s it. Juuuust kidding. I don’t know how many calories this cute little weirdo has. Let’s not be delusional: IT’s healthy, but IT has more than five calories.
Health and Beauty Benefits
The History of The Entire Universe has never recorded a dessert as healthy as this one. I don’t know why I talk like that. Don’t mind me, today I’m in the mood for being weird.
But this vegan strawberry cheesecake “mousse” is filled with
- collagen and immune boosting vitamin C,
- magnesium for those huge muscles I have around my neck (kidding, turns out I don’t have any and I will look like the guy from Lord of the rings),
- zinc that is needed for the activity of over 300 enzymes inside the human body
- and a huge number of phytochemicals, that you don’t know you need, but you do. Because these phytochemicals make your life better. They protect you from inflammation, cancer, viruses, detoxify your entire being and make you pretty. And they make you smart.
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup berries
- ½ cup pineapple
- 1 cup cashews (soaked)
- ½ lemon, juiced + zest (make sure they’re organic if you use the zest)
- In your food processor blend soaked cashews with strawberries, lemon juice and pineapple until smooth, or mousse-y.
- Combine with coconut flakes (1 tbps at a time, I needed 1 cup) and lemon zest.
- Fill 2-3 spoonfuls into small dessert glasses and eat with the tiniest spoon you can find. Take a picture and send me.
- You can freeze the mixture in a tupperware and it be good for a while. If you keep IT in the fridge you’ll have your mousse for a couple of days (3).
Aaaand ready. IT’s done and coming for you. (Please don’t have nightmares!).