Last updated on June 29th, 2022 at 03:03 pm
This is a super easy spicy cauliflower rice recipe with ground turkey, spices and vegetables. Delicious, simple healthy dinner idea that you’ll want to make again and again and again! Ready in about 20 minutes, this tasty cauliflower recipe is great if you’re keeping a gluten-free dairy-free diet, it’s also paleo and low carb. But even if you’re not and simply want to add some new healthy meals to your weekly meal prep this is for you as well.
If I could, I’d eat this every single day. It’s that good and it’s super simple. In fact, I went through a few weeks last year when I was making this pretty much every day. Anyone who’s tried this meal, loves it. It’s spicy, but not in an overwhelming way. In a way that you just can’t stop eating it. And that’s okay, because it’s basically vegetables, with some spices and some ground turkey.
Spicy Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
- Cauliflower. To make this recipe, you’ll need to turn it into rice. You can use a grated or if you’re getting lazy like myself: a food processor. Make sure to not overprocess it though, because it can get mushy. 1-2 pulses is okay. If there are still some florets left, take them out and chop them thinly. Or you know, buy cauliflower rice (I have no experience with store-bought though).
- Ground Turkey or Ground Chicken. Both would work well in this recipe.
- Spices. We’re gonna mix in some turmeric, paprika, crushed pepper flakes, cumin, coriander, black pepper and last but not least…garlic. Although, garlic is a vegetable and we’re gonna use it as one.
- Vegetables. I chose here some pointed red peppers, carrots (cauliflower, duh, even though it’s pretending to be rice now) and some pickled jalapenos, which I found worked really well. You can leave them out though, if you’re not a fan.
How To Make This Spicy Cauliflower Rice
The process is pretty simple: You’ll basically prepare all your ingredients and then dump them into a pan one after another while stirring.
- Cooking the ground turkey. The first thing you want to start with is cooking the ground turkey. Add it to a large pan, add a little bit of water (like 1/3 cup), a pinch of salt and pepper and cover with a lid to cook for 4-5 minutes at medium high. Since the turkey will continue cooking with the other ingredients, you don’t need to cook it much longer here.
- Add flavor. Next stir the turkey, add the spices and garlic and keep stirring for 2 minutes without a lid, so that the flavors combine and any extra water can do some magic and disappear into nothing.
- More vegetables. Now it’s time to add the vegetables. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the carrot and bell pepper and then add some olive oil and stir in the cauliflower rice. Add some more paprika, salt, stir them in and cover for 3-4 more minutes at medium.
- Finish! Take the lid off, stir in the rest of the garlic, so that everything combines, cover for 2 more minutes. Lastly, stir for 2-3 more minutes without a lid and serve!
I know: so much stirring. But it’s worth it and it’s surprisingly fast. I hope you enjoy this little cauliflower recipe, it is one of my favorite meals since last year, hope you enjoy it as well!