Last updated on May 18th, 2023 at 03:33 pm
You’re going to love these easy healthy breakfast recipes! Whether you’re looking for sweet or savory wholesome breakfast food ideas to start your day in a healthy way, you will find what you need here.
There are sweet breakfast muffins, cookies as well as breakfast burritos, egg muffins, quesadillas and overnight oats, basically, all the healthy breakfast inspiration you need to start your day right!
You can eat many of these nourishing breakfasts on the go, in the car, over the sink, on an airplane, when you’re walking, while you’re sitting in the office, sneak them into the cinema…The sky is the limit.
We’ve been told for years breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But since 2019, with the rise of intermittent fasting, breakfast is a thing of the past. It’s not cool anymore.
“You’re having overnight oats? At 9 am? What a loser.”
I’ve never been a big breakfast eater myself, as I naturally get hungry at around 11 am. But there were a few years when I was working a desk job and having 3 croissants and a latte at my desk at 9:30 am just felt like the right thing to do.
Over the years, once I got a bit more responsible, I changed my eating habits to be healthier and I now enjoy my breakfast time so much.
To inspire and help you start your day in a healthier way as well, today I’m sharing 31 days’ worth of easy healthy breakfast recipes that are super tasty!
Easy Healthy Pancakes And Muffins
We’re starting off this list of healthy breakfast ideas with my personal favorite category. Surprise: it’s pancakes and muffins. I love muffins and pancakes in the morning and luckily there are many ways to make them healthier.
1. Healthy Oatmeal Banana Pancakes. These oatmeal banana pancakes have hundreds of great reviews on Pinterest, people just love them! I get it, they’re fluffy, healthy and absolutely delicious…The perfect healthy breakfast for any day of the week. And they’re ready in 10 minutes).
2. Healthy Breakfast Streusel Apple Muffins. The name says it all. Oh, and these breakfast apple muffins are – flourless and made with oats.
3. Almond Flour Pancakes. If you’re sensitive to gluten, you will want to try these super fluffy healthy pancakes for breakfast! Made with almond and coconut flour these almond flour pancakes won’t spike your blood sugar early in the morning, which is important if you’re insulin resistant. Also, they’re incredibly tasty!
4. Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
Make your favorite type of breakfast muffins flourless with this healthy oatmeal blueberry muffins recipe. They’re toddler-approved and so tasty!
5. Fluffy Oatmeal Pancakes. Look, I wasn’t trying to tell you you can make anything using oats, but here we are. This is one of my go-to pancake recipes and is always a hit at breakfast.
6. Flourless Banana Oatmeal Muffins. These banana oatmeal muffins come with a delicious crumbly top. This is a super easy breakfast recipe and it comes together in about 40 minutes. Perfect for meal prep and super delicious too!
7. Healthy Oatmeal Crepes Did you know you can make absolutely amazing crepes using oats and no flour? Practice your flipping skills and get these crepes on your breakfast table in about 10 minutes.
Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes
Now, if you don’t have much time during the week to make food in the morning, try these simple meal prep healthy breakfast ideas.
8. Healthy Breakfast Apple Cake. If you’ve never eaten cake for breakfast, you should start with this apple cake. It’s flourless and made with apples, oats, yogurt and honey and is loved by kids too!
9. Homemade Healthy Granola. What do you envision when you think of super easy healthy breakfast recipes? To me, it’s this homemade granola. My favorite way to serve it is with yogurt or dairy-free milk and fresh fruit.
10. Healthy Breakfast Cookies. I never knew breakfast cookies are actually a thing, but I love it. Make your own with this super easy healthier no-bake version.
11. Crustless Tuna Breakfast Quiche. I know it might sound weird, but don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. This crustless tuna quiche makes a tasty high-protein breakfast filled with eggs, tuna and vegetables.
12. Oatmeal Blueberry Cake. This delicious breakfast blueberry cake is made with gluten-free oats, eggs, butter and fresh blueberries. It honestly just melts in your mouth.
13. Breakfast Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups. If you like peanut butter cups and want to start your days eating one or two, you can with this super easy recipe.
14. Breakfast Egg Bake. Make this high-protein breakfast egg bake ahead of time. You can serve it as it is or in a sandwich. It’s easy to make, easy to pack, tasty and great for breakfast on the go.
15. Oatmeal Chocolate Cake. Feel free to skip this healthy chocolate cake if you’re not into chocolate for breakfast. If you are, you’ll love this simple oatmeal cake. It’s flourless, made with oats, cacao powder, coconut sugar, eggs, fresh pitted cherries & more.
Savory Healthy Breakfast Ideas
If you like to start your day with more savory recipes, you’ll love the filling healthy breakfast ideas in this section!
16. Healthy Breakfast Quesadilla. Amazing! Filled with spinach, eggs, zucchini, garlic and some mozzarella cheese, I could seriously eat this healthy breakfast quesadilla every morning. I’d even have it for lunch, or dinner, every single day.
17. Mediterranean Breakfast Avocado Egg Toast. Sometimes you just want to keep things really simple in the morning and need easy healthy breakfast recipes like this one. Toast a few slices of bread, take an avocado, tomatoes and basil and fry some eggs for a delicious avocado egg toast.
18. High-Protein Vegan Breakfast Toasts
Start your day with this protein-packed plant-based breakfast! The topping for these breakfast toasts is made with mashed chickpeas, spinach and artichokes.
19. Healthy Breakfast Burrito. This healthy breakfast burrito is not your usual breakfast burrito. It’s delicious like most of them, but it’s vegetarian and loaded, yet not overwhelmed, with vegetables. Satisfying and filling this burrito should definitely make it on your list of healthy savory breakfast ideas as well!
20. Mediterranean Breakfast Eggs. You’ll need some feta cheese, scallions, bell pepper and olives to make these healthy breakfast eggs.
21. Easy Egg Sandwich. I recently made this sandwich again and I highly recommend you do that too! The spread is made with avocado, scallions, bell peppers and olives.
22. Mediterranean Breakfast Quesadilla. You’ll need some eggs, some mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and olives to make this tasty Mediterranean breakfast.
Quick Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Now, if you’re like me and often don’t have time or forget to make food ahead for the week, these super fast and easy healthy breakfast recipes are a must-try!
23. Yogurt with Berries and Nuts. A balanced, healthy breakfast doesn’t get easier than this! These yogurt bowls are fast, easy and pretty versatile. You can choose coconut or another dairy-free yogurt if you want to make this recipe dairy-free and maple syrup to make it vegan.
24. Healthy Green Breakfast Smoothie. Sometimes all you need in the morning is a glass of delicious green smoothie full with healthy fats, protein, fiber and antioxidants.
25. Overnight Oats. Learn how to make your own healthy overnight oats for a quick make-ahead breakfast with this super simple 2-minute recipe.
26. Tropical Green Smoothie. Start your mornings with something fresh, tasty and nutritious! This green smoothie is full of antioxidants and incredibly healthy for breakfast.
27. Chia Pudding. If you’ve never made chia pudding before, now is your chance to do it with this easy chia pudding recipe. I also had my doubts, but now I simply love this fresh, healthy and light meal in the morning.
Healthy Warm Breakfasts
The last section in this collection of easy and healthy breakfast recipes is dedicated to simple cozy and warming meals like crumbles, oatmeal and French toast.
28. Pear Breakfast Crumble. You can make this breakfast pear crumble in just 10 minutes using super basic ingredients and a non-stick pan. Oats, cinnamon, pear, honey and a few more ingredients are required to make this easy pear recipe in the morning.
29. Caramelized Banana Oatmeal. I’ve never been a huge fan of oatmeal for breakfast, but this recipe honestly changed my opinion. No, it’s not the actual oatmeal, but the caramelized bananas on top. Delicious!
30. Healthy French Apple Toast. You don’t need bread to make this easy French toast recipe for breakfast! It’s gluten-free and SO good!
31. Banana Baked Oats. Could not help, but try this trend. Don’t worry, I’m still holding back on the feta cheese pasta. And if those two things don’t sound familiar to you, then you’re living a good life. You’re my hero and I’m proud of you, and a little bit jealous because you still haven’t been brainwashed by teenagers. You still need to try these banana baked oats though, because it is only 4 ingredients, it tastes so good and it’s a pretty easy warm breakfast idea.
More Healthy Recipes
I hope you discovered some new easy and healthy breakfast recipes and ideas you want to try! If you need even more healthy food inspiration, check out these:
- 20 Healthy Cold Lunch Ideas
- 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Recipes
- 7-Day Clean Eating Meal Plan